Hyperpigmentation & Dark Spot Correctors

23 September 2014

One of my main problems with my skin is hyper pigmentation or dark spots, which have been left behind after my teenage acne. It’s what I’ve actually been trying to get rid of, but I have been going about it all wrong, well not completely. I just mean I buy a lot of things for oily skin (which I do have), but it’s not the thing that really bugs me about my skin.

So over the past month I have been looking and reading, about things for hyper pigmentation and dark spots. So my research has led me to a variety of blogs and websites, but I have finally settled on a list of products that have been highly commended.



Hyperpigmentation

1. La Roche-Posay Biomedic Pigment Control - First off is actually called Mela-D Pigment Control in the US and was the version I originally started off looking for. I've always heard such good things about La Roche-Posay in general, so I'm hoping this fits in with the rest of the gushing reviews. The fact that this has Kojic acid in it makes me want to try it even more, as I've always read that it's good for hyper pigmentation.
2. Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector - This is something I've heard about without even realising it, I didn't even register in my mind that it was for dark spots even though I've read bits and bobs on it. This is quite easily accessible and I have never tried anything from Clinque so I'm very tempted by this one.
3. Garnier Skincare Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Overnight Peel - This is one that doesn't seem to be available in the UK, so sadly it's a case of ordering it in. I'm interested in it because it's an overnight peel, a unique edge that none of the other products have, as the majority of them seem to be serums. They also do a Dark Spot Corrector, which I assume is just a serum. I find it very interesting (and annoying) that Garnier don't seem to have a similar offering to this product in the UK.

Hyperpigmentation 2

4.Vernal N-E Dark Spot Corrector Cream - This is actually a brand I have never heard about. But during my search it came up numerous times. It is said to give you fewer spots in 8 weeks. Also note that this is a cream so not a serum or peely thing like the previous three.
5.Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum- Again another product you'll have to get online in order to try it. I'v heard loads of good things about Murad and I know there is a counter in one of the department stores on Oxford Street, so I think I might have to get myself done there and see if they have it. According to their own study 85% of the people who tried said they saw their spots lighten in just one week. Big claims, but hey I'm desperate here.
6.Youth Code Dark Spot Correcting & Illuminating Serum Corrector - Can you guess what I'm going to say?! Again another one not available for purchase in the UK.

So as I said a dozen times, most of these aren't actually available in the UK but can still be shipped here! I’m basically going to make my way through these products to see what can help to reduce my dark spots. I’m not hoping for absolute clear skin, but I would like to see a reduction in the scars. 

I also came across these when I was searching up information on those six products. Although I haven't heard too much about these, I thought they were worth popping into the post and having on my list - as it's never a bad thing to have a range of products to work from.

More Dark Spots Correcters

1.Kiehl's Corrective Dark Spot Solution - I actually have a long list of Kiehl's products that I want, but was surprised to find out they offered something for hyperpigmentation too. 
2. Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator - I'm actually really intrigued by this, simply because I've heard so many good things about the Eastee Lauder Advance Night Repair Serum, so hopefully this is good for people with hyperpigmentation. 
3. Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector - I've heard good things about Philosophy, so this one could be a winner. 
 --

If you read this post, you'll know that I'm currently using Triolgy's Rosehip Oil. So if that doesn't work, keep an eye out for my purchases (and reviews) about some of these products! I’m also using Yes to Grapefruit Even Skin Tone Moisturiser, that I mentioned here, in the morning to help with the hyperpigmentation.

Do you have any recommendations for hyperpigmentation? I would love to know what has worked for you.

 | find me on bloglovin’, twitter, tumblr & instagram |

Post a Comment

Leave me comments if you wish! I'd love to hear what you have to say :)

Latest Instagrams

© pull down the moon. Design by FCD.