Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama 24H Gel Liner (Black) Review

5 September 2014







So the Maybelline Gel Liner was my introduction into gel liner. I’ve seen this talked about on blogs and my friend picked it up, saw I was well informed before I went to purchase it. But I just didn’t feel any two ways about it. Including this time I’ve used it three times since I bought it. Other than that it has just sat in my drawer. 

I’m glad I was able to purchase this and didn’t go straight into buying the Bobbi Brown one, which I had been lusting for a very long time. I currently use two eyeliners MACS blacktrack and NYC. One is a fluid eyeliner and the other and felt tip one and together, for me, they work perfectly. 

So anyway instead of me yapping on about what I do use, let’s talk about why I didn’t like this. I’ll keep it short and sweet I promise, as there’s no need to bury the product! 

First off I don’t like brush it comes with. I feel like it’s impossible for me to achieve what I want with it. It’s too wide for me to swipe it across my lids, as I like my line to be much thinner, and trying to use it the other way is just silly. I think with an angled fine liner brush I could make the application process easier, but I don’t have an angled brush, so it’s a pain to put on. I've swatched it below so you can get a sense of what I'm talking about. 




(with flash)

Another thing is the finish – it is not as intense as I’d like it to be. I feel like it gets lighter when it dries, which I really really do not like. The final thing is the finish, obviously I do not expect make-up to last 24hours but I do expect to last for the duration of the day. Seriously with 4 hours this had come off. For me that's a big deal because I'm not the type of person who likes reapplying their make up on during the day. Having to faff around with the brush and getting it out of the pot would just put right off. I could have dealt with the other two let downs, but the last one nope. MAC's Blacktrack can be a pain to get off sometimes, but at least I know it's going to stick around! 

And there you have it - sweet and concise about why me and gel eyeliner do not get on! I’m glad I have the option of a gel liner but I don’t think I’ll be reaching for it very often.


| find me on bloglovin’, twitter, tumblr & instagram |

4 comments

  1. Great review :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Camille! Thank you so much. Just checked out yours and I will definitely be following you! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great review :) I have to try this product :)

    http://tabicibeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments if you wish! I'd love to hear what you have to say :)

Latest Instagrams

© pull down the moon. Design by FCD.